Monday, February 1, 2010

Welcome Strangers!

It was last week that I got this e-mail message from someone who wanted to see more of my paintings, and I invited this stranger to my studio space at our home. It's pretty crazy, I know, but Joe even says he's gotten used to such.
Yesterday morning we had Thom and his brother over for a visit. They both skied in a cross country ski race and were heading home for Minnesota. I basically showed Thom my artwork throughout the house, while Joe got to talk with his brother about fishing and hunting. This not-so-ordinary meeting turned wonderful. Sometimes, you just have to listen to your own heart and ignore that one should never talk to or invite a stranger to your home!
This is my newest painting that I finished for an alumni show at university I graduated from. I figure it's a better picture to look at than the dead deer.

2 comments:

  1. That is great! Did he buy your artwork Kayo-chan? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the painting, Kayo-chan!! Yeah, i totally agree with what you said about welcoming a stranger! My current roommate was a total stranger to me too, but we have no issue or whatsoever!! Also, I've met some great people through my roommie, so sometimes, life is better if you are more open to the unknown and follow your guts without listening to what other people say!

    ReplyDelete