Saturday, February 27, 2010

Kayo's New Red Kettle

Here are my newest acquisitions to the kitchen. I had been eyeing this cute red electric kettle since before Christmas. Well, my rationalization is that I really don't need a bigger stove-top tea pot for my everyday use, because Joe drinks neither tea nor coffee. It's rather convenient to boil a small amount of water for a cup. But when we have company, I could never make enough tea for everyone. Then I thought why not get an electric kettle, which boils water so quickly and keeps hot. Of course, I wouldn't just get an ordinary silver kettle for my kitchen. Right? Once again, at Target, I found a perfect red kettle to be had.
I somehow didn't buy it right away. Don't know why.... Last night we were at Target for other things, and since we are expecting dinner guests this Tuesday, I really could use the kettle! There I finally picked up My Red Kettle. I was happy!! On you right in the picture is the red Pyrex glass bowl with a cover that I found today at the local antique store. Could not pass it for ten bucks!!

1 comment: