Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coffee Break

I started four new paintings (all 24"x24") today. My next art show is going to be below the bridge. I was fortunate to be included in the group show featuring all the artists from the U.P. And I kind of have to hurry getting ready for that!! I decided to paint four seasons of the U.P. wilderness, a little like Japanese haiku poems, each singing of a different season.
The photo below doesn't really show what my paintings are going to look like, yet. Trust me, the following phase of my paintings isn't much better. Joe will come home tonight and say "I only see a bunch of funky colors." So I'll post more pictures when they look more "normal."This afternoon I also received a package from my brother. One thing I ask my family to send me is the freshly roasted coffee beans from Yamada Coffee. I couldn't resist the aroma from the package, so I decided to take a break from painting and brew myself a small cup of coffee.
I probably had too much caffeine for the day.... Let's have Joe deal with my buzz!
Now, time to go back to my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment