Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Kayo's First Salmon

I've been pretty happy just eating the salmon and roe that Joe caught, but the excitement of a bending fishing rod hooked to a 20-inch fish was something I wished to experience for the last two years. This evening I finally (somehow) caught a Coho salmon!! Somehow... because all I thought and felt was that I had a snag under water, a rock or a log. But instead as the fish came up to the surface, it got bigger and bigger. Well, Joe gets all the credit for actually pulling the fish on the bank to letting me hold my trophy for a picture moment. I couldn't have done it myself. Also, the salmon appears absolutely huge in the photo, but for the record it measured 19 1/4"-- yes, a 1/4"  is important!
The rest of our fishing trip today was rather quiet, except I lost 1 lure and proceeded to almost lose another. I'm seriously hoping Santa will bring me another set of fishing lures for Christmas!  As you can see, the fall color was nice everywhere, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment