Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Last Day of Trout Season

Yesterday was the last day of trout season. Both Joe and I took a day off and went to Apple Creek one last time for the year. Sad... but relieved to know that I can now relax without a case of trout fever. Maybe I can get some housework done!
It was also pretty exciting that a couple of salmon actually hit a spinner right off... though both went for Joe's instead of mine. I tried and tried to cast for another salmon under Joe's instructions, but no luck. Till the end it proved that catching a fish is not an easy act! Still it was definitely good fishing at our favorite spot.
Oh yeah, and I did not lose a lure-- a very good day fishing for me. Below is the second salmon Joe caught after a bit of fight.
Both salmon were male, which made Joe happy that he didn't have to clean and separate salmon roe for me. Tonight we are having a couple of fish lovers over for a salmon feast, including the salmon roe that have been packed in sweet soy sauce. Happy autumn for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment