Monday, April 22, 2013

Tiramisu Cake

Joe says I don't make enough desserts. Well, he couldn't complain this weekend.
I've always wanted to make tiramisu... except it's not easy to find mascarpone cheese and ladyfingers around here. I had come across with a container of mascarpone at our local Italian deli, and a bit of research on line got me a recipe for tiramisu cake (making a simple cake myself instead of using ladyfingers).
This weekend was my working weekend. I hadn't planed on baking the cake at all. But I had a jug of heavy cream that was expiring in the fridge, like on Friday... so I made the cake on Friday evening.
The tiramisu cake needed to rest in the fridge before serving. All that coffee syrup had to get soaked into the sponge cake. So it was Saturday morning when we finally cut into the cake to enjoy. I would definitely make it again for a special occasion, with a bit more coffee/ amaretto syrup for a meaner tiramisu flavor!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, you're a great cook Kayo-chan! Thank you for the teriyaki pork recipe by the way! I will definitely try it during our summer BBQs! Can't wait!! :-)

    ReplyDelete