Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Filter, Not a Translater

Once again the Japanese delegates paid their visit to the area for a week, and I volunteered to help out with translation in their morning activities. I had an earlier start than my usual work day. Today was the last day. No more double shifts. Still,it was fun meeting new people, visiting places, and learning local history.
Joe and I regretted that we didn't wear our "yukata" summer kimono for the welcome party. Maybe next time.
While I had to work all weekend long, Joe got to go to an auction and found himself a treasure. He got this 8-gallon crock that was painted RED. No idea who and why. But Joe came home and scraped, and scraped....
Just as he hoped, it revealed a stamped red wing marking. No crack, with handles. A pretty good buy. I was even more impressed this was all he bought at the auction. Maybe, perhaps, Joe might soon make some grape wine in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment