Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ahi Tuna Friday!

Unfortunately I'm working every day on this 3-day Labor Day weekend, missing out the beautiful weather outside. On Friday, my day off, when everyone else was shopping for hot dogs and corn and such for a cookout, I went straight to get a piece of sashimi grade Ahi tuna. They had a once-in-a-blue-moon (hey, it was a blue moon on Friday!!) seafood sale at our grocery store. I wanted to make "chirashi" sushi to go with the bottle of sake my brother had brought us.
Menu: chirashi sushi with seared Ahi tuna, clear broth with shrimp, and cucumber vinaigrette
The sake was very good, smooth and dangerously easy to drink! Thank you, Yoshi!
On the different note, in the last month or so we broke two mixing bowls out of five. One was the largest and my favorite, used for my bread making every week, as well as for occasional kimchi making. I was soooo sad when I accidentally broke it, with bread dough inside.
Joe found a pretty good deal on line for our favorite Fiesta nesting bowls, a set of 5 in two colors. He got them for me, for my up coming birthday.
I certainly couldn't resist myself from using them!! I didn't need to bake bread just yet, so decided to make a batch of kimchi, in the biggest bowl.
The biggest bowl is really huge, too big for the amount of napa cabbage I had this time. But I was just happy to use the pretty big bowl! Oh, and I'm happy to have some kimchi in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment