Saturday, April 30, 2011

Okonomiyaki

Yesterday I decided to make okonomiyaki for the first time. Joe got to try some okonomiyaki (savory pancakes) in Japan, where he was simply amazed the general public was allowed to sit, cook, and eat in front of the hot sizzling cooking surface at a restaurant. So he kind of remembered how it should taste like.
Now that Lent is over, like previous years, I once again hope to continue Fish Friday. In the okonomiyaki I put chopped lobster meat instead of little dried shrimp, small scallops and squid as main toppings. The flavor was wonderful, though I made up my own sauce.
Fish Friday, only loosely. Sweet and sour venison meatballs were on the side.
Today was the opening day of trout season. A big day for Joe! He left home around 6:30 this morning to catch the picture below. No fish as expected. Water is too high and too cold. They had fun. Hoping for a good season.

No comments:

Post a Comment