Friday, April 22, 2011

Good (Fish) Friday

What's for dinner with no meat? Well, fish. But what do I have in the fridge/freezer? Tonight's festive meal surprisingly consisted mostly what I had on hand.
The last time I made sushi for Joe's birthday with smoked salmon, the salty salmon was too much. I told myself to retry again. This time, with some cooked shrimp.
I also cooked the rice with kelp flavoring (thanks to Kozue for sending some Japanese cooking supplies). The result was amazing!! I must say myself. The best sushi I've ever made. Pretty to look at, too.
Accompanied was a bowl of soup with scallop dumplings. Yum.... Again, I must say it was quite nice.
We will be celebrating Easter with Joe's big family tomorrow. Everybody should be home.
Happy Easter to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Your meal looks delicious! And for the octopus, yes deep fried like tempura, I think it's salted and battered too (Matt's cousin always maked them for new years w/ fresh octopus). Also to Joe, your photo was hilarious, sorry I forgot to mention that. lol

    ReplyDelete