Thursday, June 3, 2010

What's Brewing in Studio

I started a 4 ft. square oil painting, the largest I had ever worked in and could barely fit in our SUV. I never liked small brushes anyway... on this large canvas I don't have the need to fuss with tiny brushes. I'm enjoying every brush stroke, so far. I still have a long way to go before completing the piece. Another side project has been to create a memorable piece for my friend in Japan who's getting married this fall. First she asked me to do a watercolor of them... then I might as well design the whole piece for their wedding reception... then she wanted a message board for their home... so I put a chalkboard frame around it (you can write on it with chalk). There she could have everything she wanted. Naturally the bride gets whatever she wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment