Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Joe!

It's Joe's birthday and my four year anniversary since my return. As our tradition, I made Japanese dinner. Sushi with ahi tuna and other toppings (cucumber, eggs, carrots). The kinshi-tamago, golden thread eggs as thinly sliced, was much harder than I remember my mom making them. I also made pot stickers with white fish meat of pike, since it is a no-meat Friday during Lent.Trust me, serving the sushi was no easy, nor pretty, task. But everything tasted good!
Happy birthday to you.... Joe made a wish and blew the candle. The tiny cheesecake was very good, too. We somehow managed to keep the half for leftover! I fed Joe enough rice!!

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious. I am dying to try Kayo-chan's gyoza!! Happy Birthday Joe! Hope all your birthday wishes come true (you wished you could come to Hawaii and try Spam right? hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Joe! The cheese cake, sushi, and the fish gyoza all look really good! Joe, you're so lucky to have a wife who can cook!!! I know I want one (in my case, "husband" lol)!!

    ReplyDelete