Sunday, March 15, 2009

Joe's Lesson

Yestrday we went back to the Harlow Lake Trail, the one we couldn't find a map of. We just walked on the well-packed snow, since the temperature was reaching up to 40s!!! A heat wave! Anyway, our goal was to take the trail and hopefully to make it all the way to Harlow Lake.
The lesson I (Joe) learned was to never let Kayo lead the way, follow blue dots or take me anywhere when I'm sick. However it was fun watching her navigate thru the woods. She was usually 20 to 30 feet ahead of me if not more. So all I could see was her cute little head and bright colored jacket bobbing thru the woods. Barring one long wrong turn(before she started following the blue dots(DNR trail markings)) it was a very cool adventure. We never really got to Harlow lake. We however did see it from a distance from the top of Harlow Lake overlook. Did I fail to mention that there was a considerable amount of "up" on this trip. I am looking forward to going back there when I am feeling better and when there is no snow, because I want to look for morel mushrooms in the spring.

But I (Kayo) have to say, "Hey, I didn't kill him!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment