Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cabin Fever

One of those nights of blizzard, about a month ago, Joe planted some seeds. Look how they've sprouted and started growing since(cilantro on the right and chives on the left). While Joe checks and waters them daily, I only dream about cooking and tasting them.... Even in this deep north we are starting to think spring, though in reality we'll have many more repeats of thaw and freeze outside. At the same time it's the time everyone seems to get sick. Joe woke up with a sore throat this Monday and has been fighting with the cold too. He's getting a lot better now and doesn't sound like Roz from "Monstors Inc" anymore. (Remember the big old female slug with the horn-rimmed glasses who was in charge of paperwork?) And I'm glad that I'm too slow to even catch a cold! Joe sometimes wishes I were a bit quicker to catch jokes and humor though... oh well.
Tonight I made spicy Mexican chicken soup, hoping its would kill any bugs.

1 comment:

  1. How's Joe's cold? Everyone at my work place is getting sick too. It must be the change in weather. It's been kinda cold and rainy here too. Well, "cold" in a Hawaii kinda way. haha

    ReplyDelete