Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day Fishing

Yesterday (Sunday) we took our first trip out to Apple Creek this season, very appropriate for the Memorial Day weekend in honor of Joe's dad. After over an inch of warm rain the day before, the river was dark and high, and plenty of mosquitoes and flies came out. The first hole was as finicky as ever, but beautiful. The weather was gorgeous. Downstream after missing a pretty good-size fish and kicking myself, I caught this 14" beauty. My first keeper Brown of the season. (Disclaimer: the fish appears bigger than it was)
Our pasty lunch at our usual spot on the river was very enjoyable. 
Just as I drew a conclusion that we couldn't prove there was a fish at our lunch spot, Joe pulled this huge Brown. Much larger than my fish, probably 20 inches. Since we already had plenty of fish to cook, Joe let this one go back in water. (This fish was bigger than it appears.)
Apple blossoms had just started to open, almost overnight. It seemed the green was getting greener by the minute.
Joe grilled up his steelhead from the day before and my trout for dinner. It turned to be a good weekend fishing and catching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment