Thursday, August 17, 2017

Who Said I Can't Complain!

Fishing had been rather slow... so many bugs out there for fish to feed on and high waters from rain. On some occasions we couldn't prove there were any fish at all! Joe keeps reminding me that's why it's called "Fishing" not "Catching." 
But this Sunday I learned that complaining does sometimes help. We took a trip out to Apple Creek, and the first Big Hole was almost a bust. So as we waded downstream, I complained about not having seen any decent fish out loud, purposefully audible to Fish God. Then, right there, I hooked on this 14" Brown. Thank you, Fish God! You do listen. You can just imagine how shocked I was. Later Joe caught his 13" Brown. 
The truth is that when we are on Apple Creek, the natural beauty, almost undisturbed, reminds us of the good life we live. With or without big fish. Of course, we admit a can of Miller High Life tastes much better after catching a big one. That's what we live and fish for. 
The day before we attended Joe's cousin's wedding. Joe wore his new cool Aloha shirt. It has skulls, flowers, serpent, and geisha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment