Sunday, December 29, 2013

It's in the Bag

We hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season... no matter where you may be. My work schedule is finally back to normal. I am ready for celebration now!
This week when I didn't know what to cook for dinner, I was saved by the care package from Hawaii. We had spicy ramen noodle. I also found a bag of pot stickers that I had made and forgotten, so it was a complete meal of ramen noodle, pot stickers, and fried rice. (That's how you order at a ramen shop in Japan.) We enjoyed slurping away our noodles.
Last night we were invited to a Japanese hot pot dinner party. I didn't have much time, but really wanted to bring something. So I made a dish my mom usually cooks for New Year: spicy shrimp and cucumber stir fry. She had sent me her tiered lunch box set earlier this year, and I finally got to use it.
Lastly, Joe butchered portions of his deer today. The picture below was from this morning before I went to work. As you might have guessed, inside the mysterious black bag was the deer meat. Joe put some of the meat through his meat grinder, so we can cook venison chili, meatballs, and such. Still, lots of work to get a several pounds of good cuts of meat!
We are planning on leaving for Ironwood after work tomorrow to celebrate Christmas and New Year. Have a safe and wonderful New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment