Monday, November 11, 2013

Almost Deer Season

Since October Joe began to get ready for deer season as every year. The last couple of weeks before the opening day in November gets busy. To a non-hunter it definitely looks like work, though it's clear that the whole process gives you chance to be close to nature. I've been off on Sundays and gotten to enjoy the autumn woods, just going along.
While Joe's deer feasted on enough fall crops of sugar beets, squash, apples in the woods, we had a nice batch of home grown tomatoes from Phil and Judy. Last Sunday I made meatballs in tomato sauce and first-time homemade pasta (sort of).
It was very tasty. My noodles needed some improvement... I'd make it again. It gave us a good excuse to open a bottle of wine!
This Friday is the first day of deer season. I'll probably accompany Joe on Sunday... to take naps as I've done every time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment