Friday, September 23, 2011

Wine Making Attempt

After having made enough jelly from 20 pounds of our grapes, we decided that the rest of grapes can be turned into something else, other than jelly! Joe was itching to try grape wine making again, this time with a packet of yeast. So he picked a little over 10 pounds of grapes last night (note: there are MORE grapes yet on the vines) and followed one of the simplest recipes for wine making. It's simply grapes, water, sugar, and yeast. Nothing else.
In the below picture is Joe's new 5 gallon pail. Now we wait.....
Onto a different subject. Yesterday I made gyoza, pot stickers, again from scratch. I wanted to perfect my wrappers, not too soft. Here's a stack of 20 gyoza wrappers I made.
Filled....
Yum.... I'd go through the trouble of making homemade wrappers again when I have enough time. It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment