Saturday, July 23, 2011

Good Day Fishing!

After a week of unusual heat, this Saturday morning turned out to be perfect. Around 60 degrees with cool breeze. We were glad to be on the stream with Joe's dad on such a beautiful morning. Fishing, of course, could have been better, but we had a very respectable catch. Even I caught a keeper brookie! The biggest was Joe's dad's rainbow trout.
Joe just caught his second brook trout in the photo below.
Like I said, fishing could have been a bit better. No fish at the last hole, surprisingly. The only excitement there was that I almost went swimming. I got wet above my hip boots trying to unhook my lure. Well, the good news is that I got my lure back in one piece, me and the lure!
Now you can see Dad's 14" rainbow trout.
Lastly, I went extra many miles to make Joe's absolute favorite Chinese buffet dish the other day. Stupid me, that afternoon I spent extra time cleaning the kitchen, too, only to cook the chicken pieces in splattering frying oil afterward. I must say I was glad to have the General's chicken. I think Joe was happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment