Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In Search... Still

Ever since we watched Anthony Bourdain slurp a bowl of Vietnamese noodle soup "pho," claiming it was the one perfect dish that he is madly in love with after having eaten most anywhere all over the world, I've so desperately wanted to taste it. The truth is that I've never had an authentic pho nor am I anywhere near authentic pho around here. So I tried making it myself (a chicken version), in search of that one perfect bowl of pho.
Above in the pot was my chicken stock with spices cooking, and cooking... yesterday.
For dinner tonight I cooked some rice noodles and prepped some toppings.

Here's my first bowl of chicken pho. I actually followed the recipe, and it definitely paid off. Still, we aren't quite sure how it's supposed to taste.... Next time I'm going to try making beef base pho.
While my first batch of chicken pho stock was cooking yesterday, I made pork green curry for supper. Rather quickly, thanks to Yukiyo for shipping us cans of authentic Thai curry paste all the way from Hawaii.
It was very good. Tasted just like at the Thai restaurant!!

1 comment:

  1. The pho and curry look really good Kayo-chan! Vietnames food is pretty popular in Hawaii and there are a lot of pho places. Your pho actually looks pretty authentic Kayo-chan. Must have been super yummy. Someday I gotta take you guys to my favorite pho place in Hawaii. I like their tofu pho, and their chicken lemongrass vermicelli is pretty darn good too!

    ReplyDelete