Friday, June 3, 2011

Dragon Rolls!

I had never had dragon rolls before myself, but when I saw a picture/ recipe online, I wanted to try it for Joe. He was born in the year of dragon and loves anything with cool dragons. Of course, I had to compromise some ingredients. Shrimp instead of eels, and red chili sauce instead of sour plum paste.
While I was battling with what was to become dragon rolls (I mean making them), I really doubted if it was worth the fuss. Though it was NOT easy to tackle (eat), the taste was unexpectedly wonderful. We sure didn't know dragons could taste that great! Next time I'll make one long dragon for better presentation, I think.
We just planted some veggie seeds in our garden outside. Meantime, I have small pots of cilantro and basil indoor. They of course don't grow fast enough for my wanting to use them in my cooking.
Can you even see my little tiny Thai basil?

No comments:

Post a Comment