Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Not Just Ordinary Meatballs!

My plan was to utilize our good stock of morel mushrooms. I decided to make spaghetti and meatballs!! It's a surprise because we hardly ever do pasta dishes at home.
I put chopped morels both in the meatballs and in the tomato sauce. I was that serious.

I actually cooked the meatballs in tomato sauce yesterday, so it had a chance to rest before served up for dinner tonight. YUUUMMMM. The sauce had mellowed nicely. It might have been the BEST spaghetti and meatballs... that I can remember, which is not much. Wish you could have tasted it and be the judge.
For dessert I made super easy cheesecake balls... to pun on meat "balls." They were good, almost dirty.
Lastly, we'll post a picture of our new (old) car, the Duke. It's a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. Our namesake was because we bought it from Joe's brother Luke, aka Duke. Last week we went to the other brother Mark's last high school concert and ended up buying the car, totally unexpectedly. The price was irresistible for its good gas mileage. We are really hoping it will serve us long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment