Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Joe brought me home a bouquet of ORANGE (my favorite color) roses last Thursday. A little surprise when I got home from work.
Yesterday on Valentine's Day, I wanted to make our dinner just a bit more special... so I put those big fancy wine glasses! Obviously I didn't let Joe pour the wine to fill up the huge glasses.
For dinner we had steak on the grill and poor man's lobster (aka northern pike that we caught the other day) with crispy potato wedges (as close as I can make to French fries Joe requested) and broccoli. As mean looking as a northern pike, its white flesh is quite delicate to taste, resembling lobster meat, when dipped in butter and lemon juice. Except you really have to watch for sharp bones.
To finish off such nice dinner, I hadn't forgotten to make dessert... it's just a little small. Joe really wanted to emphasize how tiny his dessert was, compared to his bear paw holding a cup of white chocolate rare cheesecake. Since we don't have pretty flowers blooming in the middle of February, I cut out paper to make my flowers to decorate our special dessert on this special day. Happy Valentine's Day to all!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy V day Kayo-chan and Joe! We had steak for dinner too! (and cupcakes and chocolate cake for desert).

    ReplyDelete