Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pot Stickers!

I had been wanting to make home-made pot stickers for a while (ever since my mom had made them from scratch with my brother a few years back). Though I wasn't ambitious enough to try making the dough. I couldn't find round won ton wraps, so I just used the square ones. The filling is a mixture of ground pork, chopped cabbage (from Joe's uncle's garden), green onions, garlic, ginger.
I pan fried them and made a soy/sesame oil based dipping sauce. In our dinner menue tonight was also sushi rolls with leftover salmon. It wasn't for any special occasion, but the dinner called for sake! Celebrating Kayo's first time making those pot stickers. And they were very good. It was worth the time and effort.
Here Joe eats (wild) apple crisp for dessert with chopsticks. Then, a little more sake, toasting to our wonderful dinner!

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to be adopted into your family! I change my name from Matsumoto to Haara now! I'm sure Kozue would like to join me as my little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dinner looked so delicious!! Cute Gyoza and Maki-sushi! Taste must be wonderful. Also, I am glad that you are using chopsticks that I sent you... I'm very happy to have found it.
    You have always been making a day nice. I should learn about it.
    Also, you have not changed that you like orange color. It reminds of you a lot....^^
    From Yumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now that you have inspired me to make my own pot stikers!! Give me your recipe of your apple crisp too!! And Yukiyo is right. I want to be adopted by your family!! Oh wait, I'm too old for that......lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny, guys! you know being too old to be adopted was the first thing joe said, too. but you're more than welcomed for room & board at our place. (daily/weekly/monthly rates to be determined)
    K-san, my recipe's on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumi-chan, we take out our blossom "hashioki" for special occasions, too.

    ReplyDelete