Friday, September 21, 2018

Wet, Soggy, and Blind

The end of September = the end of trout season is fast approaching. Yesterday, my day off from work, though rainy with a chance of thunder, we didn't want to waste our opportunity for a quick fishing trip. Our conscious minds telling us "fishing probably won't be good," yet once out on the stream... we started chasing monster fish that weren't there. Since I lost my biggest fish a couple of weeks ago, every time I shut my eyes, I see that particular fish. Fishing fever. 
This was NOT the fish Joe was after, still a nice 13 1/2" Brown. Just before this he missed and saw a much bigger fish mouth, which he believed was a salmon. We fished the entire length of the stream as usual, except faster racing against the losing light. We learned I do not do well with a fishing rod under pressure and in poor visibility. I lost one lure, trying to catch the bigger fish Joe missed, and almost lost second one at the very end. That's when my rod broke as Joe was helping to get my lure back from a snag. Not a good day fishing for Kayo : ( 
P.S. Joe did get my spinner unsnagged : )
P.P.S. We will continue fishing as often as we can the next ten days.

No comments:

Post a Comment