Friday, September 28, 2018

The Cure for Fishing Fever

We both took this Wednesday off to fish Apple Creek together one last time this season AND to try to catch fall salmon.  We actually went fishing on Sunday and Monday evenings and caught a few decent Brook trout, but no salmon. We were ready to stay as long as it took on this trip.
As always Joe let me cast first at the Big Hole. I seemed to have casted every which way, and nothing. Joe threw his first cast where he wanted me to cast in the first place, and a salmon was on! Just like that. 20 inches.
So Joe instructed me exactly which color lure to use and where to cast.... Soon my rod was bending. I caught a 20" salmon, too. After this excitement fish seemed to have quit. Except I pulled another smaller salmon with the same lure, but let it go. Then I pretty much tried every color lure, while Joe tried with his nightcrawlers and spawn bags. Missed a couple, but nothing more to show. 
It was a beautiful crisp fall day on the stream. Trees were turning colors.
A good day fishing! 
I'll be working this weekend, missing the last days of trout season. It's a good thing that my fishing fever is cured. Joe will be out on the stream this weekend for sure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment