Sunday, March 26, 2017

Joe's Birthday Dinner

As always Joe asked for a Japanese meal for his birthday. Since we've been cooking and enjoying more Asian/ Japanese dishes throughout a year, it was not easy for me to think of something special to cook for Joe's birthday. Especially with ingredients I can find around here. So besides the sushi platter and savory egg custard cups, it turned out to be more of an experiment with venison ribs cooked in sweet soy sauce and daikon radish salad. We made sure dinner was accompanied by our trusty Japanese beer and sake though.
For dessert I made Kahlua cheesecake, with homemade Kahlua that Joe had just made. I was glad it turned out so good that Joe didn't mind me stealing his fresh batch of very tasty Kahlua.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Joe! Anyway, Kayo's cooking skills are pretty impressive! Pictures of her dishes make me hungry all the time...Hmmm one day soon, I'd like to come visit Kayo's Bistro....lol

    ReplyDelete