Sunday, January 15, 2017

Winter Fun

Yesterday we saw plentiful sunshine all day. We felt the need for a walk. The woods were beautiful with some snow on branches. The Lake Superior was calm and blue.
 Some ice discs floating along the shore.
The other side of the point was in the shade, but I was warm enough with my new trapper's hat (sent all the way from Hawaii).
It was just so good to have a natural source of vitamin D from all that sun. Our little town was also celebrating Heikki Lunta (a Finnish winter festival) and ended the day with fireworks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kayo-chan! You look cute in the hat! There isn't much use for it here in Hawaii (haha) but I thought of someone who could use it when I saw it at the store. :-) Thr frozen lake and all the snow is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the next day (next post) I had to switch to my Green Bay Packer's color hat for the game day!

      Delete