Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Appetites: A New Cookbook

Making a batch of kimchi was on my list of things to do for a while... on my day off I found a nice head of napa and a daikon radish, so I set to work. It's going to get better as it ages.
For Christmas Joe got me a new cookbook by Anthony Bourdain. Not a typical cookbook, and the writing and photography in it quite humorous. We've been actually trying a few recipes from the book (to our surprise)... well, as closely as we can manage. In one recipe we used venison instead of wild boar. Below was his Vietnamese style salad, which I followed his recipe almost completely, like I never do. Today I'm making his Portuguese bean and sausage soup. It's been fun trying new recipes, some of which I wouldn't normally cook otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment