Sunday, June 26, 2016

Kayo's Catch

June is flying by past us... but fishing has been pretty good. Unfortunately I (Kayo) haven't been able to go out since the last post till this weekend, while Joe and his cousin had some good days fishing.
Last weekend we were in Ironwood and decided to drive extra miles to visit St. Croix fishing rod company in Wisconsin. Joe bought me a new rod and a reel (much needed) for my birthday, 4 months early. Of course, I had to try out the new rod right after we got home, in our back yard. My first cast shot out so effortlessly and went over our neighbor's fence. Oops. No snag. No dog. Today, however, casting over the water for the first time, I actually caught a little rainbow. And after that, most every cast landed where I intended. My new St. Croix rod really impressed me. The bonus was the 12" German brown that I caught. Everything about it was perfect. A little jump and fight that I could feel with my rod.
I should mention that Joe still won the fishing contest with a 12" brookie (he let go) and a 9" brown. But I definitely beat him for the amount of noise I made on the river today.

No comments:

Post a Comment