Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Rolls, Rolls & Rolls!

We usually go out to our favorite restaurant at the beginning of each month to celebrate the 5th. But yesterday I had a day off, and we just had a weekend getaway, I decided to cook at home for the 5th. I knew I wanted to make egg rolls, then my meal planning process happened and evolved as I did my shopping. As Joe knows too well, I have to have a theme. Last night, everything was rolled and wrapped, Asian style.
Spring rolls as salad.
Egg rolls with veggies and ground pork.
Sushi rolls with surprise fillings. They were green eggs and Spam rolls. I saw a recipe for "green eggs and ham" sushi rolls and thought why not use Spam instead of ham. They were really good. I'd definitely make them again!
So that's how we celebrated this particular 5th at home. The only down side to eating in Asian style was that we had to do lots of dishes, many little bowls and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment