Monday, March 25, 2013

Ahi Tuna Friday

I've been going in early to work on Friday to take a framing conference call. Sounds pretty important, but not really. I get to work at 8, instead of 11. I'm actually liking this new change because I get off work at 4:30, instead of 7:30. This last Friday Joe called me at work to inform that our grocery store was having a special seafood sale. So I stopped and picked up some Ahi tuna, perfect for a fish Friday during lent. I just simply marinaded it in soy sauce/ sugar/ sake with a dash of sesame oil. Then before serving I added chopped avocado to top the white rice. Yum!! It was a very luxurious fish Friday, that deserved some sake!
And I think the below photo was taken Saturday morning to show how tall our snow banks were still. This was past the first day of spring on the calendar. A little bit of snow yet, and rain, mixed with ice, maybe some more snow, and then rain.... Slowly spring should arrive in this northern part. Not sure when. We just know it's not this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment