Sunday, May 20, 2012

Eat Your Heart Out

It was a warm, even rather HOT, summer-like weekend up here, concluded with a thunder storm this afternoon. Unfortunately I had to work all weekend. The highlight for me was the sandwich Joe made for his fishing trip. Joe created his version "Three Little Pigs" sandwich after an awesome sandwich Bourdain had somewhere in Chicago.
The sandwich had bacon, ham, breaded pork, topped with a fried egg, on freshly baked bread!! Trust me, I took my lunch a bit earlier than usual at work. It was gooey good. I just wished I could have tasted it on the river bank.
I might have missed being on the river yesterday morning, but Joe brought home a couple of fish. Nothing like driving home from a day working to find Joe grilling something for dinner. And that something to be freshly caught fish. The first official catch of the season. A beautiful rainbow trout (top); the bottom one was an accident, badly hooked.
Grilled to perfection and complimented by luxurious morel mushrooms, the fish was very enjoyable. I couldn't quite put it in word, but I understood why people pay lots of money for morels. It was a grand taste of spring/ early summer in the deep woods.
THIS... I really would have loved to share with everyone. But then, there was not enough.....

No comments:

Post a Comment