Saturday, May 19, 2012

Asian Flare

We're still alive and well! Yesterday I had a rare (once in a few blue moon) early shift, so I got off work at 3:30. It was great that I still had plenty of daylight left. I cooked "tonkatsu-don," thin breaded pork cutlets served over rice.
Also, I noticed our first (and only so far) tulip opened yesterday morning.... 
Spring is here... along with lots of flies buzzing around. I guess no bugs, no spring, no flowers.
Warm weather is a good excuse for fresh spring rolls, too. This was from the night before...
The main dish was Thai style noodle with shrimp. Yum.... 
I hadn't made the time to make any sweets for a long while... it was time to cure Joe's chocolate cravings. My regular moist brownies with white chocolate chips for dessert.
Joe's out fishing this morning with his cousin. Hopefully they are not eaten alive by ticks. Now I better get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment