Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year Celebration

Happy New Year!
We had nice and relaxing Christmas and New Year's Day. We had a couple of friends over for BBQ ribs and Cajun beans & rice on New Year's Eve. We stayed up past midnight finishing up the dishes to welcome the year 2012.
Since we had not so typical dishes for Japanese New Year celebration standards the night before, I made a simple "udon" dish for the New Year's Day.
Then, next day, Joe had a snow day due to the blowing snow, while I went to work as normal. Yesterday was my day off for the week, so I enjoyed cooking. I roasted a whole chicken Thai style, served with spring rolls. I hardly roast whole birds, but the book I'm reading made me want to.... I'm that simple, I guess.
The next thing I want to try making is homemade kimchi. The new year, some new recipes to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment