Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Good Day Fishing

Yesterday morning we went fishing the Big Hole on Apple Creek with Joe's dad. It was a beautiful morning (although Kayo had a hard enough time getting out of the bed at 6:30 a.m.).Thanks to the recent rain falls, the water level was where it should be, and its color perfect dark chocolate brown. Joe's dad said it was a perfect fishing condition, which I didn't take seriously first, at least not until I saw fish being caught, I thought.... Joe caught our first keeper, a rainbow. Then I saw lighter-color something rise under the dark water. Before I knew it, the fish was on my lure. It was a big one!! A nice German brown trout. So, it was worth getting up early! But Joe's dad kept repeating that it would've been even better one hour earlier. Whatever... I got a nice fish AND an hour more sleep, didn't I?
Here's me holding my proud catch. Joe measured and determined she was 13-3/4"; I'd say it was 14". And over all, it was a great day fishing. We came home with 6 keeper trout (mine was the biggest!!) and we released and missed many more. It was the best fishing I have experienced in my few years of fishing. And yes, it pays to get up early for fishing; fish quit hitting once the sun rose high above the tree lines.
After such good fishing, all I wanted to do in the warm afternoon was to take a nap. But for our hometown Pioneer Days celebration grand finale, we had a little work to do. We prepped a pork taco assembly station for our company to snack while waiting for the firework display. It turned out to be a perfect evening to sit outside (we only have a limited number of days we can do that throughout a year). Big and little kids had fun with their sparklers. Of course, Joe was the biggest firebug, who showed off his own firework exhibition on our block. The city's firework display, which we ooh-aahed from our own front porch, was very nice, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment