Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Deer Season, Already!

Today was the opening day of deer season, Joe's sacred holiday. Out the door he went in the dark before 6 a.m. A couple of weeks ago a strong wind storm went through and, of course, took down a few trees in Joe's trail to his deer blind. He had to chop and move them. 
Not related to the subject, but every deer season I seem to crave rice and miso soup breakfast. I have much more alone time in the morning, and miso soup isn't exactly Joe's kind of breakfast. Maybe because I only have this once a year, it tasted darn good.
When Joe came home from a long cold wet day of hunting, we had sukiyaki for dinner. To celebrate the first day of hunting and seeing 3 doe, 1 spike, and 1 buck who was 4-point but now 2-point (apparently he lost a fight with a bigger buck). A pretty exciting day. I am crazy enough to plan on going out with Joe tomorrow. Wish me luck for catching lots of Z's.

No comments:

Post a Comment