Friday, June 9, 2017

Fish Bites, Bug Bites

Last Sunday I landed a 16" Brown. The biggest trout so far for me. It was overcast and predicted for wind to switch. We opted for a quick early morning outing on the stretch of a river I hadn't fished. As the river twisted and turned, it was like turning new pages of a book. I was really not expecting much... then this big Brown surfaced from the dark water. It gave a little bit of fight, which was definitely exciting! I'm not all that comfortable holding this big twitching fish, therefore I'm holding it out for just enough time for Joe to snap this picture. And there was a scream or two, "Hurry, hurry, hurrrrrrrrry!"
Today (Friday) after work we couldn't waste such a beautiful evening, so we went back fishing. The grass got a lot taller and bugs and flies thicker than 5 days ago. I got far more mosquito bites than fish bites. I was almost tempted to smoke a cigar to keep bugs away, when Joe reminded me that this was only the beginning of bug season.
It was still fun to be able to look into the underwater. Joe saw a huge fish laying underneath a log. Maybe next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment