Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day!

At our non-Irish household we had a pretty tasty St. Patrick's Day feast yesterday. I decided to make corned beef and cabbage at home for the first time. When I sent Joe to our local butcher shop, he came home with two hunks of corned beef. So we invited Joe's mom and his brothers. A good excuse to have fun setting the table.

My bread turned beautifully, too, for this occasion. (Thank you, bread god!)

I must say, the corned beef and cabbage was a big success. The boys even ate the veggies without complaining!

For dessert we had Black & Tan Brownies from a recipe that was tested and approved by Judy. The upper black brownie layer has Guinness stout beer. It's gotta be good, right? I even whipped up green whipping cream. It was fun cooking all around.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks yummy and the table setting is so colorful and cute!

    ReplyDelete